Monday, January 12, 2009

One Paragraph a Day (Day One, Paragraphs 1, 2 & 3)


One paragraph a day.

I've been thinking about writing. And I've been thinking about my life. And I've been thinking that I might be a little happier if I was able to put the one into the other. You decide which is the better combination: putting writing into life or putting life into writing. Either way - it is a bit like peanut butter and chocolate vs. chocolate and peanut butter: it doesn't matter which way you say it, it is a great combination. The thought of "being a writer" or the old adage about "real writers write everyday" is a bit daunting but I think I may be able to handle writing one paragraph a day.

That being said, I don't think this is a blog "about" writing. I don't think this is a blog about anything in particular really. It just is.

The only "RULE" on this blog, as I see it, is that I write one paragraph a day. So if I write three paragraphs today I may not write the next two days - like planning on leftovers so you don't have to cook every night. I think I will be satisfied with myself so long as everything averages out to one paragraph a day.

And see - I'm already on paragraph five and I'm not feeling overwhelmed at all.
Photo credit: sabrina's stash on Flickr

No comments: