Thursday, January 29, 2009

Choosing a Subject - Option 4 (Day Eighteen, Paragraph 20)


Option 4 is to go to the Flickr Creative Commons "Attribution" page, download the first photo in the queue and write about it. This is kind of like Option 1 but the source is different AND it kills two birds with one stone: I get a subject to write about and I get a photo to post for each entry. See how easy that could be. For instance, this photo here on the right was the first photo is on the page today. My paragraph for the day could be something like this: My husband (oh it was so exciting to have a husband!) took photos of glorious tropical flowers while we were on our honeymoon on St. John. The only thing wrong with the trip was that it was too short - yet at the same time we felt that we had been away on adventure for much longer than the few short days our schedules allowed. Time has such a funny way of being both extended and compressed: I feel as if I have been with my husband forever yet some days I look at him and feel as if I hardly know him. Every year since we've been married we have had something "big" - both monumental and good - happen: he became partner in a successful business in year one; we bought a house and the business grew the next year; the following year we had a wonderful, healthy baby and the business grew yet again. The Pollyanna in me (yes, she *is* in there somewhere!) is excited to see what the next year will bring. My Negative Nelly (you know who I mean) is waiting for the other shoe to drop. In the meantime I need to get some prints made from those shots my husband took so I can finish up some of the decorating in our family room. What a lovely reminder of that brief snapshot in time when the most important decision we had to make was whether we should have another pina colada or go snorkeling again.

So that is Option 4.

Photo credit: mauroguanandi on Flickr

No comments: