Thursday, February 19, 2009

Drained (Day Thirtynine, Paragraph 39)


I don't really feel like I need to write more than one word to describe how I've been feeling lately: drained. I am worn out. I need some time to myself. I need to feel some more financial and job security (not gonna happen). I. I. I. I. I. Yes, this time it is all about me. Or what is left. I go through the motions every day. My favorite time of the day lately is when I get to knit for an hour or so at night while my husband snores on the couch. Other than the shower and my commute, that is the only time I really have to myself. I'm not sure what to do. I don't have many girlfriends. My primary hobby is shopping and like everyone else, I really can't indulge. A new knitting store is opening in my town and the owner is doing an open evening for coffee and knitting. I should try to do that sometimes. But it is difficult to do something that intentionally takes me away from the Boy. I will figure out the balance eventually. But for now, I feel like a raisin that wishes it was still a grape.
Photo credit: weexpectedthis on Flickr

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kind of sad to hear. Took this picture of a prospective house, but I'm glad it was useful to someone else as well.