Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Missing


I am missing bike riding this summer. Until the past week or so the weather has been so mild - perfect for taking a leisurely bike ride. The Boy has become mildly obsessed with bicycles of late and every riding toy whether a stationary rocker or something with wheels is "my bicycle." So I feel terribly that I can't put the kid in a seat on the back (or the front - have you seen those? they seem very cool) and go out for a ride. This is the third summer in a row that I can't ride and next year will probably be the same*. Hopefully by summer 2011 (that sounds so far away!) I will be able to strap Baby Number Two into a seat on my bike and the Boy will be peddling on his own or trailing along on one of those nifty tandem attachments. Watch out neighborhood! We will be coming! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
*My OB/Gyn said Bike riding was not recommended during my pregnancies and also not recommended is children under one year old in a bike seat or bike trailer. I was pregnant in 2007, had an infant in summer 2008, I'm pregnant now and will have an infant in summer 2010.
Photo credit: John Beagle on Flickr

No comments: